Syntinel is a targeted implementation of Synapse.Server making use of the AWS and Azure SDKs via Handlers, where
the Synapse Plans provide simple query/action interfaces into managing your cloud environments.
Scripts, Services, or Agents that discover and forward actionable data to the Relay tier.
A Syntinel-provided Reporter.
- Formats Reporter data to "Signal"
- Sends Signal message to Subscribers (push notification)
- Record Signal message in Store
- Includes Gateway for Signal Cue Response
Receives client response and passes to automation provider.
- Broker: examines config for redirect to proper Resolver
- Resolver: Automation provider, could be “anything, anywhere”
Signal and Cues
- JSON message that contains
- Cues: Options for resolving Signal message
- UI Abstraction: Generic JSON to describe UI
- Default Cue Choice: Optional timeout for default Cue
- JSON layout for translation to miscellaneous client types
- Support for “any” client architecture
- Resolver Broker examines Signal for selecting proper automation provider
- AWS Native (Lambda), redirects to “anything” under known provider model
- Proper automation provider to act on targets based on Cue response
- Query uptime on servers and shut-down development kit.
- Validate tags for compliance against desired structure.
- Validate environment settings for drift against template definition.
Syntinel is in active development and not fully released as a product at this time. You may evauluate the AWS Handlers at the links below.